Dr.Leak A/C Stop Leak
What is Dr.Leak ?
Dr.Leak is unique in that it is a “find it, fix it, or replace it” policy,that is made IN JAPAN. The challenge of addressing a cooling system refrigerant leak has been a topic of concern within recent years. A leaking system can have many detrimental effects including: cost of lost refrigerant, environmental impact, increased energy consumption and potential system failure.
When Dr.Leak is added to a leaking system, sealant coagulates at a leak site where there is a pressure or temperature differential and prevent galling, improve lubricity. Dr.Leak forms a pliable web-like seal, and has been proven safe for cooling systems, recovery units, technician equipment, valves, manifolds, access ports, etc.
Dr.Leak in Japanese market
“Dr. Leak” aims to be the top trusted brand in the car air conditioner industry, has been released for the first time in Japan from March 2018, mainly in the automobile aftermarket market. Aerosol cans are easy, speedy, and convenient so service cans and cans containing fluorescent agents are mainly used in the automobile after-sales industry. Dr.Leak aerosol cans combine quality and safety with the reliability and economy of car air conditioners. They have a reasonable price and have received good feedback in the Japanese automobile aftermarket since it went on the market.
It is extremely “functional” and “high quality” premium product. If the product is used without observing the ” Instructions”, there will be the risk of refrigerant gas and undiluted solution spurt out from the can. If it comes out, it may get in your eyes and it is very dangerous. In addition, it may be splashed on clothes and vehicles, caution and knowledge are required for use. Please check here for precautions.
* A transparent hose (TP-3827) is recommended for more reliable injection. You can see that the hose is transparent and that the entire amount is contained. Please use it after fully understanding the precautions and instruction manuals as follows. Please note that Dr. Leak should be used by professionals who understand the basics of air conditioner cycles.
◆Precautions for use◆
- ① At the time of filling
- Be sure to shake the can just before open it, turn it upside down, keep shaking and fill it. If there is a remaining amount, there is a risk of gas blowout. The can well to make sure that the entire amount has been injected before removing the hose.
- ② At the time of disposal
- When disposing Dr.Leak can, if there is a remaining amount, there is a risk of gas spurt out, so put the can in a safe place such as a trash box and check inside that there are no remaining before throw it away.
- ③ Filling with manifold gauge set
- It is not recommended to inject Dr. Leak with a manifold gauge set. If you wish to use it, shake Dr.Leak well, turn it upside down, open the can immediately and fill it while shaking. To fill the remaining components in the hose, connect a R134a service can and pour in the gas. (* Otherwise, not enough leak-sealant ingredients will get inside the car and the leak may not stop.) For safe filling, use the recommended transparent hose (TP-3827). You can see the transparent hose and check the entire amount.
Please use it after fully understanding the above precautions and instruction manuals. In addition, Dr. Leak should be used by a professional person who understands the basics of the air conditioner cycle.
When filling, the can is turned upside down and shaken well to mix the leak-sealant agent component and gas, and the can is filled well with gas pressure. On the other hand, if it remains after use, it may spurt out, so please be careful.
Dr. Leak Characteristics
- SAEJ2997 standard certified product. No polymer formulation
Tested by domestic and foreign car air conditioner & recovery machine manufacturers
- Immediate effect
- About 15 to 30 minutes after injection, refrigerant gas leaks almost stop
- Leakage prevention effect and leak detection effect are semi-permanent
- Much more economical price than traditional car air conditioner repair costs
- Fluorescent dye that Licensed and genuine products used by car manufacturers around the world when new cars are shipped
In case of a designated hose (TP-3827)
First, start the engine, turn on the air conditioner to the minimum temperature and maximum air volume, and add Dr.Leak in the following order.
- ① Turn the can opener valve of the injection hose counterclockwise and get the needle of the can opener valve to the top.
- ②Connect Dr. Leak with the can opener valve and close the ring part well so it will be close firmly with the can.
- ③Set the quick coupler of the hose in the service port on the low pressure side of the air conditioner of the vehicle. While the refrigerant gas gradually flowing through the connection, remove the air inside the hose and close it firmly.
- ④Turn the can opener valve clockwise, turn Dr. Leak upside down, shake it well, and immediately open the can opener valve completely. Keep Dr. Leak upside down for about 2 minutes, and use the air conditioner pressure to take in the leak sealant agent remaining on the transparent hose.
- ⑤When the entire amount has been injected, remove the quick coupler with a waste cloth to prevent scattering. If it scatters, clean it quickly with a parts cleaner or a dye cleaner and wipe it off.
Dr. Leak Instructions and Demonstration Video of Dr.Leak-YF R1234yf
- ①Only for 134a and PAG
- It cannot be used for hybrid vehicles (HV) and electric vehicles (EV) equipped with an electric compressor.
- ②Be careful of overfilling
- The total content of Dr. Leak is 50g. Be careful of overfilling when injecting into small vehicles such as Kei-Car and vehicles with no leaks. It may cause a decrease in refrigerant capacity.
In addition, Dr. Leak should be handled by a professional person who understands the basics of the air conditioner cycle. We do not take any responsibility for eventually problems in use.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.